First Baptist Church of Kahoka~ A Response to County Wide Covid Numbers Increasing:
2nd Timothy 1:7
“God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”
You must know by now, I’m a calculated person, and I do not respond out of fear!
Of Power: God has given us power of “greater things.” To each believer, the power that raised Jesus from the dead, now lives in us ~ So we will not cower to anyone nor anything, as nothing separates us from the love of God.
Of Love: We will be known by our love for one another. It is easiest to be cavalier in our approach to each other, when we’re not the one consoling the loss of life for grieving family members~ I assure you, that’s the worst part of the job. We must therefore be peaceable towards all men, as much as depends on us. We will not just be noise!
A Sound Mind: We are not tossed about by every wave of doctrine; nor do we make decisions ignorant of the spiritual warfare that rages all around us. As people look for an excuse to hate, to be offended, to be lazy, and to lust after any and all manner of ungodly directions~ Let us be steadfast, speaking in love, motivated by the same, and on guard for ourselves as wise, yet harmless, lest we fall into the same trap of pride as the devil.
As a church body we are committed to loving God, and loving each other as ourselves.
• We will, proclaim the gospel until the return of the Lord Jesus.
• We will, love well as if your eternity was in the balance, being suspended in time only by your physical life. What happens next is forever!
• We will, look for every opportunity to meet the needs of the people God has placed in our lives (Physical, and Spiritual).
FBC Kahoka will provide Sunday School, Sunday Morning Worship, Nursery & Children’s Church.
FBC Kahoka Truth Seekers & Youth Programs are suspended until our school system returns to green.
• In the event our school systems color changes from orange to red (Closing the schools); FBC Kahoka will become a mandatory mask environment until such time as the schools reopen or MO state government policy or procedures dictate otherwise.
“Therefore, if there is any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any affection and mercy, 2 fulfill my joy by being like-minded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind. 3 Let nothing be done through selfish ambition or conceit, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than himself. 4 Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also for the interests of others.”
“10 Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; 11 not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; 12 rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; 13 distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.”
We are not afraid. You are loved,
We are only holding Sunday AM services. Our Wednesday night program is always shut down until fall.
We are also having internet problems at our building so I will be typing and posting our last Q&A answers to our FaceBook page (facebook.com/fbckahoka) a little later on.
Thanks for being patient and have an awesome Wednesday!
Update Starting May 10th:
The First Baptist Church of Kahoka will be reopening its doors after several weeks of mandatory closure due to national and state level executive orders.
While we are allowed to gather, we are still not encouraged to do so. As a result of our need to remain socially distant, combined with our freedom to gather; we have decided to offer morning worship with the following changes until further notice.
- There will be no Sunday school classes for any age.
- We will not be offering a nursery during worship.
- We will not be offering Children's Church during worship.
- We will not have our meet and greet time.
- We will not be passing an offering plate.
This may seem like a list of "will nots," but it's actually our loving attempt to both care for you, and the community around us while providing the opportunity to finally hold corporate worship in a single location.
Here's a list of "wills."
- We will still be streaming live online
- We will still encourage anyone with an illness, weakened immune system, or known condition to stay home.
- We will allow and encourage and manner of appropriate dress / (PPE) personal protective equipment.
- We will provide hand sanitizer.
- We will have fully cleaned our facility (both before and after worship).
- We will remain officially closed (church office hours) to discourage unnecessary visits during the week.
- We will be available as staff and volunteers to care for the needs of the church and the community.
- We will continue to assist the school district as they continue distributing school lunches.
- We will continue to speak the gospel as we go.
- We will continue praising Jesus and making plans to deliver His gospel to the ends of the earth!
Thank you for your patience as we work and move together for the good of those needing the gospel. Our primary goal? Love well, speak the gospel, and celebrate the King!
- Wednesday Nights - Foundations @ 6pm
- Sunday Mornings - Worship @ 10:45am
Visit our Streaming Instructions page to learn how to view the services online.
We will have Sunday AM service / Sunday School as regularly scheduled. It will be the last public worship service we will hold for the next few weeks. We have a lot of information, take home mission projects, bibles, truth seeker kid bible books, etc. that we would like to give out.
Please use caution and common sense. While we greatly desire to worship together, there's no reason to risk yourself, your family, or anyone else you may come in contact with in the week to follow. Stay home if you're unwell or unsure.
- We will provide no less than 2 weekly worship sets (Sunday AM at 10:45 & Wednesday Evening at 6PM). You can watch them online through our FBC Kahoka Roku channel, our church website, and through a link shared on our facebook page. You can find streaming instructions at: https://fbckahoka.org/streaming-instructions
- All information & weekly worship schedule can be found online at: https://fbckahoka.org/
FBC Kahoka will be partnering with our local schools as a distribution point for food. Children that normally rely on meals provided at school can still do so.
We will have a White Tent set up on the side of our parking lot as a distribution point where families can come collect a meal in a drive through style set up.
Our parking lot will have a half circle style set up with a single-entry point and a single-exit point. Please be mindful of traffic while you wait your turn.
Food distribution starts March 19th at 11:00am and is scheduled: Monday-Friday 11:00am-12:00pm for the next 3 weeks.
Please let us know if we can provide any further community assistance.
2020-03-16 | Message from our pastor
As a church we are greatly encouraging everyone to pray for healing in all areas.
As a church we are not ruled by fear; however we greatly love our community.
As a church we try to be both trusting in the Lord and not too cavalier in our approach.
With that said-FBC Kahoka will be canceling our Sunday Evening & Wednesday evening programs until further notice.
Also, as a church we have ever intention of providing for each other’s needs.
As the week continues we will post an update of services we can provide our community!
~Pastor Chris Lind